Saturday, November 3, 2012

Need More Elves

 
Deb here with a project that I hope will inspire you to create well in advance for the busy Christmas season. Starting early, for me, results in much less stress just before the holiday.

I love creating for Christmas. As I plan a project, I think of the recipient, what they like, and how much they mean to me. That way, I generate inspiration to design something special just for that person. As fellow crafters, I know you understand. This is a project I created as a DT member for QKR Stampede. I've used digi16709 Need More Elves for this card. How cute is this image?
 
Here's how this card came together...
  1. Cut a 5 3/4 inch square card;
  2. Cut a red square at 5 1/2 inches;
  3. Cut three strips of designer paper at 1 x 5 1/2 inches and trim the bottoms to create a flag shape;
  4. Print image and color with Copics R24, R27, R29, E01, E02, BG 10, BG11, BG72, BG96, BG99, Y26, C00, C1, C3, C5, C7 and C9;
  5. Trim image and shade edges with scribbles of BG10;
  6. Cut red rectangle just a bit bigger than the image;
  7. Adhere strips to red card, adhere smaller red rectangle, and adhere image;
  8. Add snowflake brad, color with Copics and add clear Stickles for a bit of sparkle;
  9. Adhere all to card base;
  10. Dot with red Stickles, and it's done!

When you've had a chance to look at all the inspiration on the QKR Stampede Blog, pop on over to My Blog for even more ideas and project details.
 

1 comment: