Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Up, Up and Away

Hello and Welcome!
Today I'm showing you a fun card I made with stamps from
I used 4 different stamps from the Balloons/Holders category.
I stamped "Flying Girl Holder" (#21701) onto water color paper and colored her with water color crayons.
I stamped "Oval Balloon" (#5201) and "Heart Balloon (#5204) onto a variety of scraps.
I fussy cut all the pieces.
The background and hills were pieced onto a white card stock base.
I then added all the cut pieces and stamped the
"Up, Up and Away!" (#11802) sentiment onto the card.
I loved the card, just needed to add the strings to the balloon.
Well, let me tell you, card making is not an exact science and at times we just need to go with the flow and remember what I always say
"There are no mistakes, just chances to be more creative."
Well, this was one of those times!
I didn't think about the 'hills' being cut out of vellum when I stamped the sentiment.
VersaFine Ink does not dry on vellum, so when I went to tie the strings onto the balloons the black ink smeared all over the card.
Luckily most of it cleaned off with a baby wipe.
I stamped the sentiment onto white card stock, fussy cut it and
adhered it to the card.
Honestly, I like it better before, but as they say, it is what it is.
I still like the card, just not as much as I did before my chance to be more creative.

Why not stop into the Eureka! Stamps site and check out all the adorable balloons and holders that are offered.  There are a lot to choose from, I'm sure you'll find some that you will just love.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Leave a comment if you wish and come back soon.

1 comment:

  1. Real cute card Kristie, I like the paper pieced balloons and card size.

    ReplyDelete